Experience the unparalleled performance of C1-Carbon technology. This construction uses advanced materials to maintain superior flex for an extended period, surpassing all existing constructions. The resulting construction maintains its spark for longer and provides instantaneous energy transfer for unmatched speed generation and responsiveness.
Performance Redefined - Zero Compromise.
Built using Premium Imported Japanese Woven 160g Multi-Directional Carbon and 4oz E-Cloth Fibreglass wrapped around a 36g EPS Core and vacuum bag laminated using Premium Aero-Space Grade Epoxy Resin, resulting in a world-leading, lightweight advanced surfboard construction.
C1-Carbon technology offers:
• Next-Generation Performance - Experience the unparalleled performance of C1-Carbon technology. This construction uses advanced materials to maintain superior flex for an extended period, surpassing all existing constructions. The resulting construction maintains its spark for a longer duration and provides instantaneous energy transfer for unmatched speed generation and responsiveness.
• Unmatched torsional flex and return to static (pop).
• Durability and Impact Resistance - The Premium Japanese woven 160g Multi-Directional Carbon reinforcement and European 4oz E-Cloth combination provides excellent durability, protecting the board against impacts and maintaining its structural integrity even in challenging conditions.
• Ride - The C1-Carbon technology offers a blend of the familiarity of PU’s control and EPS’s Speed Generation. A settled ride with the spark of an EPS.
• Performance Redefined, Zero Compromise.
The C1-Carbon is constructed of carbon-wrapped EPS/EPOXY. Epoxy constructions generally provide anywhere between .25 – .50 litres of extra floatation compared to traditional PU/PE boards.
One of the fundamental reasons for this phenomenon is that Epoxy is less dense than PU, primarily because there is more air present in the blank. This increased air content makes the Epoxy more buoyant than PU for the same volume.
Keep this in mind when purchasing.
When ordering your next board, you are going to have to decide between going with standard PU/PE (polyurethane blank, polyester resin), E3-EPS/Epoxy (Expanded Polystyrene) or C1-Carbon EPS (Carbon Wrapped Expanded Polystyrene).
Every construction method has its unique purpose and benefits. There's no "one-size-fits-all" approach regarding surfboard materials and construction.
We offer PU / E3-EPS / C1-CARBON constructions.
PU - PU technology offers a reliable construction that provides flexibility and responsiveness, making it the most popular choice worldwide. When compared to EPS, PU handles chop better with less bouncing around. PU sits lower in the water, providing more stability in hollow waves. Choose PU for its ability to handle all types of conditions with ease.
E3-EPS - E3 EPS Epoxy offers stringerless, lightweight and durable construction with a lively and exciting torsional flex and return to static (pop) due to its strategically placed custom fabricated Carbon and Fused Cloth. Choose the E3 EPS Epoxy for its unmatched flex and speed generation in smaller (1-3 feet) conditions.
C1-Carbon EPS - C1-Carbon offers a strong, lightweight, futuristic composite surfboard with unique torsional flex and return to static (pop) due to its multilayered construction. Harness the next-generation performance of the C1-Carbon technology that offers a blend of the familiarity of PU’s control and EPS’s Speed Generation. Performance Redefined. Choose the C1-Carbon technology for its advanced performance characteristics in everyday conditions (1-6 feet).
C1-Carbon technology makes use of the latest premium quality materials available:
• Premium Japanese woven 160g Multi-Directional Carbon provides unparalleled flex and strength for maximum energy transfer and responsiveness.
• Premium European 4oz E-Cloth provides outstanding durability and impact resistance, ensuring the board's longevity and protection against dings.
• Light-Weight 36g EPS Core for exceptional floatation and sensitivity.
• Vacuum Bag Laminated with Premium Aero-Space Grade Epoxy Resin. This technique ensures precise epoxy resin infusion, even lamination, and reduced weight for enhanced strength and performance.
The C1-Carbon technology has been extensively tested by 2 x World Champion, Filipe Toledo.
Olympians and WSL Surfers, Jack Robinson, Kanoa Igarashi and Rio Waida.
Challenger Series and leading free surfers Jett Schilling, Dane Henry and Dakoda Walters.
Currently SharpEye Australia offers the Inferno 72 (C1-LITE) and Inferno FT (C1-LITE) in the C1-Carbon Technology.
C1-Carbon custom orders will be available from SharpEye Australia in 2024!